Due to circumstances regarding COVID-19 and social distancing, the Northern Illinois Franchise Association (NIFA) hosted its first-ever virtual event over Zoom on Wednesday, April 29: “How to Come Out of the Gate Strong and With the Right Approach.”
The virtual event, sponsored by All Points Public Relations and Marks & Klein, featured several presentations led by distinguished franchisee and franchisor leaders and vendor partners to encourage proactive planning for the future. An audience Q&A followed the presentations.
This event enabled professionals in the franchising industry throughout the Chicagoland area and beyond to share ideas and gain insight on how to recover, rebuild and reenergize in the wake of these global economic changes. There has never been a more important time to plan for success.
We’d like to extend a huge thank you to those who could attend and to all of our presenters who made this event possible. Their insights fueled a valuable discussion on the challenges and opportunities facing the franchising industry amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see below to review the order of presenters, their roles and the topics covered:
- Samuel Stanovich, Area Representative and Franchisee, Firehouse Subs: “Franchisee Support and Real Estate Opportunities”
- Ken McAllister, President and Founder, MY SALON Suite: “How to Get the Customer Back”
- Meg Schmitz, Senior Franchise Consultant: “Networking & Career Moves”
- Patrick Lucas, Director, BMO Harris Bank: “Working with Your Banking Partner During the Pandemic”
- Bailey Hewitt, Senior Director, and JoeyLauren Jiracek, Senior Account Lead, All Points Public Relations: “Lead Generation”
- Peter Block, Executive Vice President, Colliers International: “How Has This Changed the Real Estate Market?”
If you didn’t get a chance to attend the virtual event, or you would like to listen to the presentations and Q&A again, click here to download the video recording. You can also download the presentation slide deck that was shared by clicking here.
We remain optimistic about the better days ahead, and will continue to share our knowledge and proactively plan for the future. We encourage you to stay connected through the NIFA LinkedIn group, and be on the lookout for future events.
Visit www.northernilfranchise.org for more information about the organization.