The Northern Illinois Franchise Association (NIFA) recently hosted its Q3 virtual event, “Franchising in Underserved Communities,” sponsored by All Points Public Relations and Marks & Klein. It was an incredibly powerful presentation and discussion, and we’d like to thank all those who could attend for their thoughtful participation.
Chicago-based Entrepreneur and Motivator Kareem “K.W.O.E.” Wells along with Robin Robinson, Chicago’s Emmy-award winning television news anchor and reporter, tackled hard-hitting business topics focused on how to successfully overcome personal and professional obstacles in the face of adversity. Robin carried the conversation through a Q&A with Kareem, discussing his experience in growing businesses and his vision for franchising in underserved communities.
If you would like to view the discussion, click here to download the video recording.
We’d like to extend our gratitude to Kareem and Robin for making this event possible. Their experiences, insights and connections to Chicagoland fueled a valuable discussion that could not have come at a better time in today’s social and business climate.
The franchising community in Northern Illinois and beyond has the ability to make a real difference in advancing diversity within the industry and uplifting underserved communities. It’s important that we continue to share our knowledge, extend our resources and take action.
We encourage you to stay connected through the NIFA LinkedIn group and to review a list of additional next steps that you can take below as a result of this discussion:
- Reach out to Kareem directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and www.kwoegroup.com; he will help connect you with organizations supporting business and economic development, career opportunities and educational resources for Chicago’s south and west side communities
- Review Robin Robinson’s suggested readings and videos
- Connect with the IFA Foundation Diversity Institute Board
- Explore these minority-focused informational resources
- Listen to these suggested podcasts:
As we look ahead to future gatherings, we will seek out opportunities to further this conversation. Anyone with topic ideas or sponsorship questions for future events may reach out to Lauren Izaks directly by clicking here.
Visit www.northernilfranchise.org for more information about the organization.